Monday, May 10, 2010

Roses in my yard, part 2


As promised, here are more pictures of the roses in my garden. This is not a very good picture of the climbing rose, Zephrine Drouhin, but it seems it is the only one I have. Huh.  Anyway, it is a lovely rose. It shares the trellis with a clematis, or rather, it will, when it gets a chance. At the moment, the clematis has rather taken over.

I can't remember the name of this rose (and I forgot to write it down when I was cleaning off my desk this weekend and came across its tag), but it too is lovely. It is the same color as the roses I had in my wedding bouquet, and has a wonderful light scent.


As you can see, there is a cluster of buds on each stalk, opening into a mound of flowers.


It should grow into a large bush, since it is supposed to be a good hedge rose. I hope it does!

Here is a close-up of part of the vegetable garden. As you can see, everything is doing quite well. We had some of the first lettuce in our salad the other night. The Early Girl tomato (not in this picture, to the left of the beans) has tomatoes already, as do the two cherry tomatoes. Yay vegetable gardens!

2 comments:

Candace said...

I believe your wedding flowers were called Sterling Silver:)

Hope said...

These are not Sterling Silver, I know that much. And they are not long-stemmed - multiple blooms on each stem. But the color is very similar.