Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Day Part 2

We don't have one of these in Maumelle.

So, we are stuck at home for a second day. I am not going to complain too much, because I am always happy to not go to work, but I do have one observation...if the cities around here had more experience clearing roads, nothing would have to be shut down. I know this is the same criticism leveled at D.C. during their current snowpocalypse, and it is completely true.

Maumelle has a snow plow - I saw it working yesterday. But it only did the major roads, and those only in the morning. It was slushy all day, up until the late evening, so the roads could have been cleared, or at least salted or sanded. The only reason no-one can get around is that the roads are covered in frozen slush. This would never have happened in Brockport.

We aren't supposed to get above freezing until tomorrow, and it is supposed to snow again on Thursday. This is turning into an interesting winter.

No comments: