Friday, February 20, 2009

Further adventures in commuting

We had another flat tire this morning. Not mine, this time - G's. She called and said she was at a gas station another two exits away from the commuter lot we use, and that road-side assistance was coming soon. I couldn't have the car today, because Benjamin needs it this afternoon. So, Benjamin drove me to the gas station, dropped me off, and sped away so he could get home, eat breakfast and head to class. After we'd been waiting a little while, the tow truck driver called and said he couldn't find us - his GPS had given him the wrong directions. So, more waiting - and not the last for the morning either. Once he arrived, he quickly ascertained that the spare was also flat, and recommended that we head over to Wal-Mart (ptooey, ptooey) and get it fixed. We did. More waiting. More waiting. The spare was fixable, and was fixed, but the other had been damaged too much by being driven while flat - oops - so G's going to have to buy new tires. They don't have her size in stock (Titania, her truck, takes rather large tires). We finally made it to work around 9, an hour and a half late. But, I had time to buy the wiper blades I need for my car - saves me a trip with weekend - and I have comp time left over from working on Monday, so I don't need to dig into vacation or sick leave.

I did consider calling in sick, at one point, but the idea that I could then not blog about the adventure convinced me that it was not worth it. Aren't you glad?

No comments: