Monday, September 5, 2011

Uh oh...

My poor computer is sick right now. It is 5 years old, and last night, while I was reading something on the web, it went blank. Since it was late, I didn't want to deal with it. This morning, when I started it, I got the blue screen of death.  I figured out that I can open it in safe mode, but that means I can't connect to the internet. Good thing we have another computer. Next weekend I guess I will have to take the poor thing to the (brand new) Apple store and see if someone can make it work properly again. It is probably a software issue, but I have no idea how to fix it, even with the "helpful" ideas on the Apple page.

In other news: it didn't rain, but the temperature is just about perfect today. We took Miikka for a walk at the Bell Slough - there will be pictures eventually. Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday. I re-potted a couple of plants, put together a new bookshelf, got some laundry done, with Benjamin's help cleaned the house. So much for not doing anything this weekend.

The weather is supposed to be really nice all week, but I predict we will have at least another week of really hot weather before fall comes in for good. But at least we know it is on its way.

No comments: