Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Biking and baby Canadians

We finally went for our first bike ride of the year this morning. It was a glorious sunny, not too cold, not too warm morning - perfect for easing me back onto my bike. We were planning to go this weekend, but Saturday was too busy, and Sunday was gray, windy and wet. Anyway, I was worried that I would be too out of shape to enjoy the ride, but apart from being a bit slow to get going, I was fine. It was nice to see the parts of the canal that we haven't reached in our winter walks. Once we are back in proper biking shape we plan to take a longer ride, either to the next town to the west or to Spencerport in the east. Heck, if we get really ambitious, we could try to reach Rochester itself! (I doubt that will happen, it would be a 40 mile round trip ride!)

On our ride, we saw the first baby geese of the year, enjoying the lovely day, paddling on the canal. There were two sets of parents, and about 11 or 12 babies in all. Hurrah! I love baby water fowl - they are so fluffy and cute. Too bad I didn't have the camera with me. There should be baby ducklings at the park soon too, I wager.

We did get to the Lilac Festival on Saturday, and I have pictures, but I haven't had a chance to get them off the camera yet. I will try to get them up for you tonight. Thursday we head to Austin for Benjamin's graduation and hooding.

No comments: